Chinese Cancer Support Group
Overall Aim of project
To enable Chinese cancer patients to develop a positive attitude and enjoy life through sharing experiences and providing mutual support to each other.
- Group meetings and outdoor activities
- Workshops provided by Macmillan Cancer Support
This project is funded by Macmillan Cancer Support and is open to Chinese cancer patients, their families and friends living in the UK.
As a result of taking part in the Cancer Support Group, participants:
- Develop their understanding that, with proper treatment, cancer is a curable disease
- Are empowered to collaborate with medical professionals and take charge of their personal care plans
- Learn to deal with fear and anxiety and live a healthier life style with healthy diet and regular exercise.
"I feel being accepted"
"I am more relaxed now"
"It is good to know new friends and I am not alone"
Now recruiting new members
Become a member of our Cancer Support Group and experience the benefits yourself. We are now recruiting new members. Are you:
- a Chinese cancer patient?
- a friend or family member of a Chinese cancer patient?
- a carer of a Chinese cancer patient?
- a professional staff of caring, social and medical background for Chinese cancer patients?
Use the below links to download and print our cancer support communications materials.
- our cancer support general information leaflet in Chinese
- our cancer support general information leaflet in English
- our cancer support fundraising poster in English
- our cancer support members leaflet in Chinese
- our cancer support members leaflet in English
We hope you will find our Chinese Cancer Support services helpful. We welcome any feedback you provide us.