Health Services and Well Being
Overall Aim of project
To provide a learning and social platform for personal wellbeing.
- Relaxation exercises, blood pressure measurements and waist to hip ratio measurements
- Walking group and table tennis
- Talks with guest speakers and evaluation of impact on service users' health
Health Forum activities are free and open to all people as it is part of the Health Development Project.
As a result of taking part in Forum activities, participants:
- Are able to nurture their own health and well being through being better informed of personal health issues
- Improve their physical strength and build confidence through making new friends and developing team working skills
"I did not know there are so many types of arthritis"
"I meet a lot of new friends"
"The demonstration of relaxed exercise helps me a lot to deal with my pain at the knee"