Mental Health Carers Support
Overall Aim of project
To provide a learning and social platform for carers who care for someone with mental health issue.
Caring for someone with mental illness often can be extremely emotionally, mentally stressful, and can have a big impact on the carer's own wellbeing. We support carers who are caring for someone with a mental health condition.
- Confidential one to one support (Advocacy & Emotion)
- Outreach support (hospital, treatment centre etc.)
- Workshops (information, self-management skill, wellbeing activities etc.)
- Home visit(s)
- Peers support group
Mental Health Carers Support service is free for carers who care for someone with mental health issue, and live in the Birmingham area.
As a result of taking part in the activities, participants:
- Can build resilience and confidence to deal with difficult situation and problem solving
- Improve working relationship with medical professional
- Understand the condition and treatment
- Improve the relationship among family members
- Establish and improve social life
“I did not know how the Apple iPad could be so useful, I learn some new skills”
“I can finally talk to someone regarding mental health problems”
“I feel happy to share my own experience in oder to help other carers within my supporting grpup”
For further information, please contact our Health dDevelopment Officer - Mr Ben Chan either by telephone: 0121 6858510 or e-mail: Ben Chan